I balked at MNT in college when he made the controversial claim in class that women/ girls like to bake (used interchangeably with cook) because it is akin to giving birth (parallel to creating something). I'm no brassierre burning feminist but I was disgusted with the prof and still am, even with the memory!
I do it for gustation, glory and the satisfaction of a job well done. Toiling on cooking a meal and then enjoying it by yourself or with the people you put in the effort for is quite a gratifying experience. Good food notwithstanding, the icing on the cake (pun unintended) is the appreciation. It's a lovely feeling- a mix of pride at having done all that work, wonder that it is actually tasty (in the initial days, wonder is more common when you find that your creation is edible), a satiated feeling after having consumed it, a smug feeling when you think of the calor
ies you did not consume in the office cafeteria and triumph when folks back home ask if you're eating well and you recite the menu from the last meal! I also must mention that it's a very useful pastime for an idle weekend; thats usually when I try out all the new recipes and test them on my unsuspecting flat mate ;-)
It's a bonus if your fiance is an epicure; the saw from which this title is borrowed may sound like a terrible cliche but trust me, it isn't! The admission that he told your ma-in-law-to-be that you cook great is something to be cherished! :D
It's a bonus if your fiance is an epicure; the saw from which this title is borrowed may sound like a terrible cliche but trust me, it isn't! The admission that he told your ma-in-law-to-be that you cook great is something to be cherished! :D
12 comments:
hmmm....looks delicious definitely. and please cook some non-veg and call me :)
Unfortunately I cant stand the sight of raw meat, leave alone handle it.
You're welcome to a vegetarian meal anyday :)
He really said that! Awww...so sweet :-)
And that platter looks yummy! Good that I'm home...I can at least make a farmaish now ;-)
How I envy you!
i also envy Bivas...though i had all my farmaish fulfilled during last visit
bhookh lagi hai khaana do ;)
photos to r gud...wen r we gettin the same served... :D
Whenever u're here, Dude!
that seems enough to go to Hyd for the New Year weekend ;-)
I want dahi-baingan :-)
Done deal- book your tickets! :)
he bhagwaan...dis was all a setup for new yr eve!!!
Now the title of the post is truly justified ;-)
Damn! I'm busted :P
whatever the reason, u guys have to come to HYD during new year weekend...bivas apna nakhra band kar n just book the tickets.
Post a Comment